Semi Senior/ Senior Accountant
Salary: Depending on Experience
My Client are a Chartered Accountancy Firm and are looking for someone to join their Accountants and Audit team, where you will report to a line manager and director.
You will perform the following role:
- Prepare financial statements for limited companies and sole traders from trial balance stage and incomplete records
- Assist and carry out statutory audits covering audit planning, fieldwork and completion
- Build and maintain strong relationships with new and existing clients
- Work and liaise with other members of the audit and accounts team
- Preparation, review and presentation of client management information as required
- Calculation and filing of some client VAT returns as required
- Addressing and discussing with clients any technical accounting issues identified during the course of client work
- Developing junior assistants in the team by on the job training and helping with queries
- You will be part qualified or have just attained your ACCA qualification and have a minimum three years’ relevant experience of working within an accountancy practice.
- An understanding and experience of audits and corporation tax returns is beneficial, and you will be technically capable of producing financial statements and management information to a high standard.
- You will have strong communication skills (written and verbal) to facilitate extensive client relationship development and have strong IT skills (inclusive of Microsoft Office and Outlook).
- You will have knowledge of accounting systems such as Sage desktop and online, QuickBooks desktop and online, Xero and CCH Central (not all required but more is beneficial).
- You should be able to supply references upon request.
This vacancy is being managed by Charlotte Roscoe at Spear Recruitment Ltd.
Spear Recruitment Ltd is an Employment Agency acting as such under the Employment Act 2008 and Employment Agencies Act 1973.
Spear Recruitment Ltd are on Facebook, can you also follow us on Twitter @spearrecltd and Instagram @spearrecruitment
Copyright Spear Recruitment Limited 2018
Use of all or any part of this advert to or in any media, without Spear Recruitment Ltd prior written permission is prohibited and may result in criminal or civil actions.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'