A fantastic accountancy practice in Hitchin is looking for a Semi Senior Accountant to join their team. The practice has 3 partners and a range of perks will be on offer, including finishing at 2pm on Fridays!
- 10-15 staff in the Hitchin office.
- Working hours: 08:30 - 17:00 Monday to Thursday, 08:30 - 14:00 Friday.
- Very little bookkeeping work - mostly accounts preparation and audit.
- 17/18 annual audits, including charities, solicitors, and subsidiaries of foreign companies.
- Accounts prep clients with turnovers ranging from £100k to £5m.
- 80% Accounts Preparation, 20% Audit.
- Prepare year-end accounts for limited companies, sole traders and partnerships from trial balance or incomplete records.
- Prepare basic corporation and personal tax computations.
- Review and file VAT returns.
- Assist on audits, completing fieldwork on site and testing controls.
- Advise clients on basic queries.
The Ideal Candidate:
- 2 years' experience in an accountancy practice.
- Ideally AAT Qualified or studying ACCA/ACA.
- Able to prepare year-end accounts for manager review.
The Package on Offer:
- Salary: £20,000 - £24,000.
- Study support via Kaplan, including college day release and reimbursements for exam fees, material costs and travel expenses.
- Fantastic working hours.
- Accountancy Firm
- Vat Returns
- Accounts Production