Objective HR are currently recruiting for a Semi-Senior Accountant to join a Top 50 firm of Chartered Accountants based in Chard.
The firm is proud that they are a Best Companies "Very Good Place to Work" as their people are vital to the continued success and they are always looking to train and develop individuals who could be their future partners and leaders. A number of the senior managers and partners started their career as a trainee with them and have stayed with the firm throughout their working life.
This practice is one of the best environments for your development, their approach is committed, caring and conscientious and a big emphasis is placed on employees maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
Responsibilities will include:
- Statutory accounts preparation for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies
- Management accounting and bookkeeping
- VAT returns
- Preparation and submission of Self-Assessment Returns
- Networking and Business Development
- Liaising with clients, Companies House and Third Parties
- Help to manage a portfolio of clients
- Able to think outside the box and be creative
- Liaising with clients on accounts and tax issues as required
- A minimum 2 years previous experience within accountancy practice
- AAT Qualified or Part-Qualified ACCA / ACA - (Study support can be provided)
- Confidence and experience in bookkeeping, VAT compliance and preparation of limited company accounts ready for partner review.
- Professional personable manner with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Be comfortable managing workloads and client deadlines and working relatively unsupervised.
- Good time management and experience keeping timesheets.
- Competent using MS Office products (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Experience using a range of accounting systems (e.g Xero, Sage, Quickbooks)
If you are interested in knowing more regarding this vacancy, please either apply direct or contact Ben Bennett at Objective HR.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'