About the Company: Our client is a well-established company in the Derbyshire area who are looking for a Full Time, Semi-Senior Accountant to join their team on a permanent basis. As an ideal candidate, you will have a solid understanding of accounts gained from previously working in an accounting firm. You will have a strong understanding of accounts preparation and be either qualified, part qualified or qualified by experience.
- Preparing accounts / financial statements for a diverse variety of clients from sole traders to limited companies.
- This includes incomplete records and computerised books.
- Maintaining accounts for clients to the required standard
- Personal and corporation tax computations
- Assisting the team in carrying out internal audit work
- Preparing statutory accounts and completing and submitting VAT returns
- Processing payroll & PAYE
- Preparing management accounts for clients
- Dealing with client queries and liaising with HMRC on behalf of clients
- Building up good working relationships with clients and colleagues
- Working as part of a team as well as independently
- General book-keeping on behalf of multiple clients using relevant accounting systems (including Sage, Quickbooks and IRIS)
- Preparation of financial accounts from incomplete records, including bank reconciliation, control account reconciliation, fixed asset accounting, calculation of debtors and creditors, nominal ledger accounting and preparation of trial balance, etc
- Completing and submitting VAT returns
- Assisting in the preparation of management accounts and financial forecasts.
- Processing client payrolls - processing P45's, P46's, P60's and P11ds
- Visit client premises to set up and maintain book-keeping records and quarterly VAT returns and provide support to clients, who maintain their own records, using the relevant accounting
- Year End accounts
- You will have a passion for Accounts, and be studying towards your AAT, ACA or ACCA
- Have at least 2 years experience in a similar role
- Have a good knowledge Sage software - Essential
- Accountancy, tax and payroll experience/ knowledge is desirable
- Excellent level of literacy, numeracy, communication skills, analytical skills and telephone manner
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to multi-task and prioritise tasks.
- Able to work to a high level of detail in a faced-paced environment
- Self-starter and motivated to succeed with a 'can do' attitude
- General computer and software skills and good use of Microsoft packages (in particular Excel) is essential
- Knowledge of cloud-based accountancy and/or payroll software is essential
What's in it for you? This is a Full Time, Permanent position. Working hours will be between Monday - Friday, working 36.25 hours per week, 8.45am start each day with an hour for lunch. Salary will be depending on experience, but be between £18-23k plus study support. Candidates that are looking to study towards AAT, ACA or ACCA will be fully supported in this role.
Interested to know more? Please send an up to date CV to to apply.
- Studying towards ATT
- ACA or ACCA with 2 or more years experience in a similar role
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"