Our client, a 6-partner firm of chartered accountants with offices in Hemel Hempstead and London, is looking to add an outstanding Semi Senior Accountant to their team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an excellent training firm and develop your accounts & audit expertise whilst completing your ACCA qualification.
As a Semi Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for completing accounts assignments from incomplete records under the supervision of a Senior Accountant. You will also have the chance to assist on audit assignments and receive training in this area so that you are capable of leading audits in the future. In addition to this, you will draft Corporation Tax computations and eventually be able to advise clients on accounts & tax matters.
- Prepare year-end accounts for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies from incomplete records or Trial Balances
- Prepare draft Corporation Tax computations
- Assist on audit assignments, visiting clients' premises to complete substantive testing
- Bookkeeping using Sage and Xero software packages
- Prepare and submit quarterly VAT returns
- Minimum of 1 year's experience at an accountancy practice
- Able to prepare draft year-end accounts for review by a senior member of staff
- Audit experience is preferred, but not essential
- Sound understanding of double-entry bookkeeping and VAT
- Studying AAT or ACCA
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job