A market leading medium-sized accountancy practice and looking for an Accounts Semi-Senior to join their expanding department.
- The preparation of statutory accounts, year-end accounts or rental accounts, for limited companies, sole traders and partnerships. To include completion of the accounts file, in accordance with company procedures and production of accounts on CCH Central Software for review by Managers.
- The preparation of monthly or quarterly management accounts to provide clients with relevant information to their required specification.
- The preparation and completion of client VAT returns of mixed complexity (some including partial exemptions) including liaising with the client to provide the required information, producing supporting schedules and completing the VAT return by the deadline.
- Undertaking some bookkeeping on behalf of clients (in house or at client premises), including processing transactions from documents provided by the client and reconciling control accounts, including Bank, Sales ledger, Purchase ledger and VAT.
- Submit weekly timesheets, ensuring that work is completed within budget.
- Provide supervision and task support to more junior team members, sharing knowledge and providing guidance.
- Other ad hoc duties as may be required from time to time in order to assist the smooth running of the Accounting Solutions Department or to provide additional assistance to clients.
- Must be AAT qualified and/or commenced ACCA studies.
- Previous experience in accounts preparation, VAT and bookkeeping.
- Ideally a minimum of three years relevant practice experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good IT skills, including experience of accounting software programs.
- Own vehicle to enable travel to client's premises when required.
- Prior experience of using CCH software packages, Sage, QuickBooks and/or Xero Accounts.
- £25,000 - £32,000 (dependent on experience)
- Full study support
For more information on this vacancy, please contact Colin Priddle at Taylor Hawkes.
- Accountancy Practice