Our client provides residential care services for young people under the supervision of local authorities, registered and inspected by Ofsted. The Head Office is based in Surrey and there are currently 28 Homes across Greater London and the South East.
As the Semi Independence Manager you will lead and manage a semi-independence resource(s), consistent with the approach and ethos of the company, delivering positive outcomes and high-quality support as set out in the placement’s Statement of Purpose.
Based on site near to Lewisham, you will take responsibility to ensure that the company consistently provides a high quality of service to its service users. They are offering a generous salary of £30,000 to £35,000 plus company benefits
What will your working week be like?
- Lead and manage in a way that is aspirational, inspiring both young people and the staff who work there.
- Responsibility for the management of service(s), including staff management and supervision, placement planning, support, safeguarding, communications, report writing and monitoring quality and compliance.
- Compliance with legal, regulatory requirements and organisational policies and procedures and provide feedback on the effectiveness of all policies and procedures.
- Ensure that staff have the skills, experience and qualifications required to meet the needs of each young person and provide continuity of care and support.
- Ensure that each young person has individual support and support planning which is tailored to their specific needs and requirements as laid out in their relevant plans
- Maintain professional relationships with the team around the child (TAC), multi-agency partnerships and where appropriate parents, families and other stakeholders.
- Produce monitoring reports, statistical data and evaluation as required and in keeping with organisational policies and procedures and within agreed deadlines.
- People Management - Responsible for the safer recruitment of staff in line with organisational policy and procedure. Ensure staff are properly inducted and briefed on how to work with young people’s support plans and semi-independence programmes.
- Resource Management - Responsible for the maintenance of physical assets and furnishings located at the scheme(s). Ensure that all Fire, Health and Safety Procedures are implemented by monitoring and reviewing the procedures.
Do you have the required skills & experience?
- Evidence of education up to the age of at least18 years old
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services; or equivalent
Skills & Experience:
- At least 5 years experience of working with childrenand young people
- Experience of leading, engaging and motivating staff in a challenging organisational environment.
- Knowledge of child protection procedures
- An understanding of child development and the impact of adverse childhood experiences.
- Understanding of and commitment to the promotion of equality of diversity and inclusion in the delivery of services and all aspects of working with staff, young people, their families, staff and external professionals.
- Full understanding of SaferRecruitment
- Ability to lead a staff team ensuring a consistent approach and high quality of support.
- Ability to engage young people who have had disrupted childhoods.
Ability to manage stress and difficult dynamics and demonstrate emotional resilience.
- Effective communication & literacy skills
- Effective ITskills
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
- Report Writing
- Social Care
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'