SEMHD Teaching Assistant Huddersfield
SEMH Teaching Assistant
Veritas Education Leeds are looking to recruit part time and full time Teaching Assistants for secondary SEMH TA positions in the Huddersfield area.
The client school are a learner centred, education driven setting with outstanding facilities, focused on creating the best learning environment possible for all learners and young people. The aim of the school is to support all young adults and learners through their education, no matter what SEMH barriers they may face.
The Role will be as follows…
- Working within small groups of learners in the classroom setting, supporting each child throughout the lesson.
- Supporting each learner with their academic progress in each lesson, whether that is to re-engage them after coming off-task or sitting with them when solving a maths problem.
- Contributing and supporting the class teacher in maintaining and controlling pupil behaviour throughout the lesson, if needed, enforcing the behavioural discipline system.
- Communicate with Managers/Behaviour Manager regarding pupil behaviours throughout the day and contributing/supporting any serious incidents taking place.
- Ensure all the groups work is finished, filled and organised ready for the next lesson to help keep track of pupil progress and engagement levels.
- Great organisational skills
- Encouraging and Enthusiastic
- Great Inter-Personal Skills
- Able to implement behaviour management strategies
- Previous experience working with SEMH/BESD students and dealing with challenging behaviour/classroom support.
- DBS on the update service (We can advise on this)
- Team Teach Certificate (Essential)
- Knowledge surrounding child safeguarding (Preferred)
If you have the experience and skills that are appropriate for the role of a SEMH Teaching Assistant, then please apply with your full CV. If you require any further information or have any questions regarding potential roles, please contact George Walton at Veritas Education (Leeds) on or email
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'
- Special Educational Needs
- Team Teach
- classroom support
- special needs support
- Behaviour needs
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'