Five Education is working with a special school in Taunton. We are looking for a teaching assistant to work one to one with a student in Year 8 who has SEMH (Social, Emotional & Mental Health needs).
This school uses THRIVE and Team Teach, the experience of one or both of these would be an advantage.
Responsibilities and duties:
- You will be working 1:1 with a specific student in the class and around the school
- Possibly supporting outside of school on trips etc
- Using de-escalation techniques to ensure a calm and productive environment
- Supporting students with their academic and social development
- Helping students who have changed schools multiple times and missed education to catch up and eventually work at the expected level for their age
- At least 12 months of recent experience working in a school
- At least 6 months experience supporting young people with SEMH
- A flexible and resourceful approach
- A calm demeanour
- Strong behaviour management skills
- Have a right to work in the UK (A valid visa)
- Two recent child based references and relevant DBS/Police checks
- A car/ motorbike is necessary due to the location of the school
- A valid Team Teach certificate isn't essential but would be an advantage
- Experience of THRIVE isn't essential but would be an advantage
- Have a right to work in the UK (A Valid Visa)
- Two recent child based references and relevant DBS/ Police checks
- Able to work 8.30-3.30 5 days per week term time only
Five Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of the staff we employ to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undergo checks including a barred list check, reference checks and will need to have a DBS; there will also be a face to face interview.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'