- SEMH Teaching Assistant
- £70+ per day
- All Through SEMH School
- Full time position, Monday to Friday
- To Start in September
- Location: Newham
Are you a creative SEMH Teaching Assistant with strong relationship building skills? I'm currently recruiting for candidates with strong emotional intelligence and communication skills to join an inclusive SEMH School in Newham.
The aim of the SEMH Teaching Assistant will be to support students to achieve their potential personally, socially, emotionally, physically and educationally. This holistic approach is essential in order to meet the needs of students and is what makes this a specialist SEMH setting.
The SEMH Teaching Assistant will work to support pupils to learn emotional regulation, how to manage social situations, and develop independence, all with the intention of returning to a mainstream school. Working with mixed ability groups, you will support students in class, provide 1:1 interventions for literacy and speech and language, and education and training for life skills.
Admission to this Newham school is only through consultation and the school takes great care to ensure students admitted will benefit from the provision provided. The school also has comprehensive links to other services and professionals in the community as they strongly believe in building their pupils up to succeed not only in education and training, but in the community, at work and in later life.
Restorative teaching and behaviour management approaches are at the core of this belief. The SEMH Teaching Assistant will assist pupils to learn from their mistakes and develop positive ways to behave and achieve. Pupils learn acceptable ways of achieving in the community, and are encouraged to become respectful citizens and creative thinkers.
This role would provide valuable education and training for candidates wanting to pursue a career in teaching, youth work, social work, youth justice, community development, counselling, and psychology.
The role requirements:
- Working 1:1 and supporting mixed ability groups
- Adopt the school's restorative and holistic approach
- Work alongside a Newham team of educational psychologists, CAMHS, Health Services, Work Experience Partners, Social Workers, Occupational Therapists, and community groups.
- High level of emotional intelligence, patience and resilience
- Good understanding of local community and the importance of fostering positive connections
- Supporting students aged 4-16 years of age
- SEMH School supporting students with additional SEN Needs
- Focus on integrative and restorative approaches to education and wellbeing
- Fantastic holistic support provided by an extensive multidisciplinary team
- Part of a large Academy Trust
- Comprehensive CPD training for all staff
- Based in Newham
Click apply now or contact or phonefor more information.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'