An exciting long-term supply post is becoming available at an ASD, SEMH / EBD school, for teaching children experiencing behavioural, emotional or learning barriers, and social communication difficulties. The school caters for children from the ages of 11 - 19 years.
This Teacher post requires an inspirational and self-assured individual who is ready to start making an impact in a new environment.
We are looking for a capable EBD / SEMH Teacher who has experience of working with ASD and EBD pupils. You will have the ability to show a great deal of understanding for SEN pupils with learning needs, behavioural traits and Challenging Behaviour.
- Successful class teaching experience.
- Experience of working with children with ASD, and or SEMH, Behaviour difficulties and those who are disengaged in education
- Knowledge of specialist curriculum area and how it may be effectively taught.
- Level 5 Qualified including QTLS or QTS
About the Role
- As an SEN Teacher your role will involve you teaching a class of 3- 4 children (You will also have classroom support in the form of 1-2 class Teaching Assistants) The ability to motivate pupils towards positive learning is essential.
As a school, they cater for children and young people who have struggled in mainstream education environments and whose needs have subsequently been unmet. As such they now need a teacher that will become part of a team that specializes in delivering curriculum designed to meet individual needs and give students the best possible educational outcomes.
- Support Worker
- Teaching Assistant
- Graduate Teaching Assistant