*For immediate - start once clear for work* Ideally the successful candidate will already have a DBS on the update service.
Can you bring both energy and boundaries to the classroom?
Do you have experience of teaching Key Stage 3 & 4 Biology?
About the school;
The Education Specialists are recruiting on behalf of a "Good" Pupil Referral Unit in the Halton area. The school provides Education for Key Stage 3 & 4 students who are disengaged with mainstream education. The students will be undertaking their Biology GCSE so candidates applying must have experience of teaching the GCSE syllabus. The school adopts an empathic approach and requires teachers to work in partnership with their classroom support.
About the role;
The school is in need of an energetic and dynamic Science Teacher to teach Biology mainly to Key Stage 4, however twice a week the successful candidate will teach 2 Key Stage 3 classes. Candidates must have solid subject knowledge which can be brought to life with practical fun lessons which will encourage participation from every student. Due to the SEMH needs of the students only candidates with experience of teaching students with a similar profile are invited to apply.
The role is to commence ASAP and will be an ongoing position, candidates with an Enhanced DBS on the update service are encouraged to apply.
What The Education Specialists need from you;
- Experience of supporting students with SEMH needs in a school setting
- Experience of teaching GCSE Biology and exam preparation
- Sense of humour and fun, professionalism and a good sickness record
- Strong behavior management skills - good use of de-escalation strategies
- Team Teach Qualification - desired
- An enhanced DBS on the update service or a willingly to obtain one through ourselves
What The Education Specialists can offer you;
- A dedicated recruitment consultant and a 24hr on call service
- Competitive rates of pay
- CPD Training including; SEN Awareness & Team Teach
- Pension Scheme
- Interview preparation and CV support
TES are currently working on a number of vacancies, so even if this one doesn’t fit your exact requirements, we may have something more suitable for you. Please send through your CV or give us a call so we can discuss other opportunities.
- All applicant are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas police check (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy.
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained.
- You must have a legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to have a video interview and complete the online screening process
The Education Specialists work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. The Education Specialists is an equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'