SEMH Primary Teacher - KS1 & KS2
Are you looking for a Job working with SEMH students?
Are you experienced in primary teaching?
We are currently looking for a Primary School Teacher to work across Key Stage 1 and 2. The Teacher will be working in our SEMH school based in Croydon and will be teaching small classes of students at low ability who need academic as well as social development. There are 5-6 students in a class with one to two Teaching and Learning Support Assistants. Our young people have struggled in mainstream education and need a positive experience. The majority of pupils are on EHCP and have been diagnosed with ADHD and/or ASD. The Teacher will become part of a team that specializes in delivering curriculum designed to meet individual needs and give our students the best possible educational outcomes.
The school caters for approximately 70 pupils, which 80% are male. The school has a large spacious building and a friendly staff team that are all very passionate about their pupils.
* Plan, deliver and assess outstanding teaching and learning using proven methods and approaches that enable SEMH young people to learn
* Be a class tutor, ensuring pastoral needs are met and establishing excellent relationships with parents and carers
* Engage and motivate pupils
* Inspire trust and confidence in pupils, colleagues, parents and other professionals
* Build team commitment with colleagues and in the classroom
* Promote the wider aspirations and values of the school
* Engage in whole school activities as required by the Headteacher
* Plan and lead children in off-site enrichment activities
* Ensure you uphold all safeguarding procedures, including engaging in annual safeguarding training, including induction training
You must have:
* Successful class teaching experience.
* Experience of working with children with SEN, SEMH/SEBD or ASC
* A commitment to ongoing professional development.
* An excellent knowledge of the specialist curriculum area and how it may be effectively taught.
If you are looking for a rewarding role in SEN Teaching and want to make difference, we want to hear from you TODAY! Please contact Hannah Ferguson on and submit your CV today via email .
- SEND Teacher QTS PCGE Full Time Teaching Position Special Educational Needs and Disabilities PRU SEBD SEMH EBD Challenging Behavior Bromley Kent Hayes