Self Service and Automation Developer
Leeds, LS11 5UF
QBE’s European Operations, which accounts for over 27% of QBE Group turnover, is a leading specialist in London market and European commercial lines business. Active in both the Lloyd’s and company market, QBE offers considerable diversity to the broking community. We are a socially responsible company and give our customers the ability to invest a portion of their premiums in environmentally and socially beneficial projects.
As a self service and automation developer you will be required to build and support the automation & self-service capability across QBE’s global IT support environment. Automation & self-service is a critical enabler in the pursuit of lower IT support costs, improved IT user experience, business productivity and employee engagement.
The role holder will be involved in the development and support of internally developed desktop, mobile and web applications. They will be required at all levels within the application lifecycle from concept to delivery along with post launch support.
Your responsibilities for this role may include, but are not limited to:
- C#/VB, ASP.NET MVC, WebAPI and Web Forms, Entity Framework, SASS, CSS3, Media Queries
- Good understanding of Active Directory, Exchange, Powershell
- Experience using Visual Studio
- Experience using Inversion of Control containers and Unit Testing frameworks
- Experience using version control (e.g. Git)
- Experience with web service integration (SOAP, REST, JSON, XML)
- Knowledge of SQL Server, SQLite, MySQL or similar database management system
- Excellent debugging and optimisation skills (including issue tracking in tools such as JIRA)
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to an existing, complex environment
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and software
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery advantageous
- Experience with automated UI testing (e.g. Selenium)
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job. Search for QBE on Vercida to learn more about our Diversity and Inclusion programmes and policies.
Please click the 'Apply’ button to be taken to the job on our system.
- Self service