Seeking artistic and creative Teaching Assistant
Position: Seeking a full time (40 hours, term time only) teaching assistant for our primary school who is passionate about working with children and is creative, has good communication, organisation and written skills. Excellent attention to detail. Previous experience working with children either in UK or from overseas.
Start date: new term, September 2018
Responsible to: Class Teacher
Starting Salary: £16-17'000pa
Purpose of the Job:
To work with teachers to support teaching and learning, providing general and specific assistance to pupils and staff under the direction, guidance and direct supervision of the classroom teacher.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Work with individuals or small groups of pupils in the classroom under the direct supervision of teaching staff and provide feedback to the teacher
- Support pupils to understand instructions support independent learning and inclusion of all pupils
- Support the teacher in behaviour management and keeping pupils on task
- Support pupils in social and emotional well-being, reporting problems to the teacher as appropriate
- Prepare and clear up learning environment and resources, including photocopying, filing and the display and presentation of pupils work and contribute to maintaining a safe environment.
Teaching Assistants in this role may also undertake some or all of the following:
- Record basic pupil data including using technology as appropriate.
- Support children’s learning through play
- Assist with break-time and lunchtime supervision including facilitating games and activities
- Assist with escorting pupils on educational visits
- Support pupils in using basic ICT
- Invigilate exams and tests
- Assist with pupils’ personal needs including toileting, hygiene, dressing and eating, as well as help with social, welfare and health matters, reporting problems to the teacher as appropriate. Physically assist pupils in activities (may involve lifting, where mobility is an issue
Comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
Please forward Cv to link provided to arrange immediate interview
- Child Development
- Teaching Classes
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"