Vacancy Reference: SEC-LON-KS-0210
Job Title: Security Systems Engineer
Job Type: Full-time; Permanent
Location: Field-Based - London / South East
Salary: £30,000 per annum DOE
Benefits: 20 days' holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays; AE Pension; Company Vehicle & Fuel Card; Mobile Phone & Laptop; Uniform & PPE; Training & Development
Servest Security Division are currently recruiting for a highly competent Security Systems Engineer to join our dedicated team of nationwide Engineers. Operating within the commercial and construction sectors, we offer our clients solutions for intruder alarms, CCTV, door entry, access control and perimeter alarms.
If you have a proven track in delivering outstanding results to customers, we would love to hear from you!
Reporting in to the Security Systems Operations Director, you will be responsible for installing and maintaining systems for key commercial accounts across the London / South East region. However, the nature of the role dictates that national travel may be required to support the wider team as necessary.
Comprehensive, up-to-date technical knowledge and competence in installing, commissioning and maintaining CCTV, intruder, access control and fire alarms and systems is essential.
We will provide you with a company vehicle, work-wear and PPE and a palm-held device to assist you in carrying out your duties.
Primary duties & responsibilities, will include:
- To install and maintain security systems, to include CCTV, Intruder, Access Control and Fire for commercial key accounts clients
- Responding to reactive call-outs to customers' premises
- To manage your own workload effectively, ensuring open and effective lines of communication with support / scheduling colleagues
- Ensuring adequate planning to ensure that all jobs attended can be carried out with the minimum disruption and with a mind to completion in the shortest timescale possible
- Maintaining van stock records and client asset registers
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Relevant occupational Security Engineering qualifications such as a City & Guilds 1851 / 1852 / 1853, an NVQ Level 3 in Security Installations, or equivalent would be highly desirable
- Up-to-date Health & Safety and PPE awareness
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills, experience and behaviours:
- Proven background as a Security Systems Engineer with comprehensive experience of working in a hands-on Engineer role is essential
- A high degree of flexibility in working hours and types of jobs undertaken
- The ability to pre-plan for breakdowns and achieve the "first time fix"
Hours of work are Monday to Friday, 08:30-17:00 but you could be expected to travel for up to two hours either side of you start / end time dependent upon the location of call outs.
Servest offers excellent career and development opportunities, as an organisation that's proud of its' great people - We believe in the opportunity to recognise and share success. If you are interested in applying for this role and meet the above criteria, please email your CV to
To find out more please visit us on
Servest is an equal opportunities employer and rely on diversity to deliver on our goals. We actively encourage applications from talented and qualified individuals regardless of race, gender, nationality
*** NO AGENCIES PLEASE ***
- Access Control
- Security Systems