Security Supervisor - Warehouse and Distribution
£8.50 per hour
Cordant Security are currently looking for a Security Site Supervisor to be based in the Wakefield (WF2) area. Interested candidates must have a valid frontline SIA licences/SIA training certificates.
Responsibilities of the Security Supervisor:
- To control main entrances & access points, ensuring only authorised personnel may enter the site
- To monitor & authorise the entrance and departure of employees, contractors and visitors & to guard against theft and maintain security of the premises. This may involve the searching / examination of hand baggage, persons or vehicles, in accordance with the sites procedures
- Respond to fire alarms, intruder alarms, the communications systems, building management systems and to monitor the sites CCTV cameras & to be alert to any suspicious activity
- To provide regular, high profile, internal and external patrols of the premises to prevent and detect any signs of intrusion
- To have a thorough knowledge of the site layout, in order to respond to emergencies and incidents effectively
- To convey a smart, well-groomed appearance in approved Cordant Security uniform, provide a first class customer service and display high levels of vigilance throughout a shift
- To be aware of, & report, any incidents or suspicious activities, in person or via radio communication and record accurate reports of activities and irregularities in the Daily Occurrence Book
- To greet & provide assistance to visitors/contractors with relevant security procedures carried out such as induction, ensuring completion of signing in/out sheets and issuing "Security Checked" access cards where appropriate
- To ensure that all vehicles entering the site, adhere to the sites Health & Safety guidelines.
- To distribute keys, as per the sites key issue procedure, and record details in Key Log Sheet.
Requirements of the Security Supervisor:
- Fully comprehensive 5 year work/education history
- Clear communication
- Excellent customer service & administration skills
Incentives for the Security Supervisor:
- Average of 50 hours per week working on a rolling roster covering 08:00 - 18:00
- 28 days annual leave per year inclusive of bank holidays
- Full and ongoing training with a view for career development
- A range of employee discounts for the purchase of goods and services
- Company Contributed Work Place Pension
Cordant Security Ltd is a nationwide company with a diverse employee team and we welcome applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates.
We have opportunities available across the UK in a variety of roles and offer genuine paths to career progression and a range of employee benefits.
Cordant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
- SITE SECURITY
- SECURITY MANAGER
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job