Security Supervisor - Luxury Hotel - Great benefits
Purpose of role
To assist the Area Head of Security and Risk Management in leading the Security team. To maintain the hotels security policy ensuring that the hotels property, assets, staff and guests are protected from loss, damage and threat.
- Lead and motivate the security team
- Attend hotel meetings as required
- Work closely with all other departments within the hotel
- Report and liaise regularly with the General Manager, ensuring proactive communication
- Ensure regular patrols and the hotel and grounds are conducted
- Lost and found property is received, recorded, stored and ultimately returned.
- Handle all security incidents and/or investigations as directed including interviewing and taking of statements
- Carry out all Security administrative tasks including shift hand overs, logs, records and notes
- Issue access control cards to all permanent employees and casual workers
- Actively monitor CCTV screens and alarms.
- Ensure systems are functioning correctly and liaise with contractors as required for maintenance updates
- Maintain a pro-active presence in the hotel and form part of the emergency response team
- Respond appropriately to any emergency and/or incident in the hotel
- Liaise with the fire brigade to assist with regular fire drills, fire training and inspections.
- Review and maintain bomb policy and procedure
- Monitor guest key activity and report any concerns
- Maintain records and checks on all master keys
- Issuing of lockers and maintaining accurate records
- Departmental floats and daily issue of keys are managed according to Company Policy
- Conduct regular and random bag and locker searches
- Attend meetings with members of the emergency, security and other government services in relation to events and/or incidents involving the Hotel
- Be involved in the security and protection of visiting VIPs and Royalty and liaise closely with the police and other agencies.
- Contract and supervise the services of outside security officers as required
- Ensure lists of undesirable guests, visitors and employees is maintained
- Submit monthly crime activity
- Update and maintain all department policies, procedures, risk assessments and training manuals
- Assist in recruitment and induction of new team members
- Set up monthly rotas and holiday plans ensuring staffing levels are maintained
- Training of all hotel employees on health and safety and security
- First Aid qualified
- SIA Licence
- Security background
- Supervisor / leading a team
- Experience with police/ emergency service
- Hotel and security legislation
- Fire, health and safety
- High end/luxury customer service experience
- Knowledge of Police and criminal law (PACE)
- Working knowledge of CCTV, fire systems and locking systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Report writing skills
- Analytical skills
- Very good command of English language
- Broad IT knowledge and software application
- Experience in dealing with police, service and/or security environment.
- Objective decision making
- Common sense approach
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Discreet and fair approach
- 5 star
- customer service
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"