International SOS is the world’s leading international health care, medical assistance and travel security risk services company with over 11,000 employees, led by 1,200 doctors and 200 security specialists. We provide a world class offering for travellers and expatriates. Every single day we are making a difference in people’s lives and able to support them when they need it the most.
The joint venture between International SOS and Control Risks combines the world’s leading medical and security risk specialists. Our combined resources and expertise provide a comprehensive suite of travel risk services for mobile employees.
Welcome to International SOS, your world of opportunity.
We are currently recruiting a Security Specialist on a permanent contract to join our security team based in Chiswick Park, London. This is an excellent security position; working for the world’s leading medical and travel security assistance company.
The Security Specialist (SS) is an integral member of the Regional Security Centre (RSC). He/She will undertake intelligence collection and analysis to provide timely assessment, advice, coordination and monitoring support to clients as part of our 24-7 security operations, with specific emphasis on North, West and Central Africa and a broader interest on Europe.
The SS is responsible for the day to day delivery of high-quality travel security assessments and advice to travelers, international assignees and corporate travel risk managers. The SS will provide travel security advice to clients and will support client and situational awareness by scanning for, reporting and escalating developing travel security issues.
- Delivery of best-in-class bespoke verbal and written travel security assessments and briefings;
- Collect, analyse and disseminate security or disruption issues affecting business travellers;
- Maintain awareness of the regional security environment through detailed research and engagement with regional contacts;
- Advise and monitor clients travelling in complex working environments;
- Support security consultancy tasks;
- Understand all current events affecting regional/global business travel and provide travel advice and briefs to clients;
- As required, conduct travel to priority countries to assess current situations and develop local information and assistance capabilities to further support clients.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Work experience in international affairs and the global security environment.
- Knowledge of the politics dynamics and security context of West, Central and Northern Africa.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including ability to explain complex situations to non-expert audiences.
- Interpersonal skills.
- International experience (work and personal).
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office Suite and other applications.
- Willingness to work outside of normal duty hours, in support of team operations, particularly in time of crisis or emergency.
Here at International SOS we will offer you an interesting, varied and challenging career, where you will have the opportunity to experience working with a diverse range of people.
Please apply online now attaching your CV.
Deadline: 23rd April 2018
- Customer Service
- International Relations