PLEASE NOTE: You MUST register and apply on our AQA Job Portal in order for your application to be considered for this role.
At AQA, we’re committed to advancing education and we’re committed to our people. As the largest provider of academic qualifications in the UK, we mark over seven million GCSEs and A-levels each year and it’s our people who make this happen.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Security Operations Manager to lead our internal Security Operations team within our Technical Operations department.
Reporting to the Head of Technical Operations the successful candidate will build and manage a strong team, working closely with our external security suppliers, technical teams across IT, and with our Security and Risk team. The team will be responsible for security incident resolution and management, vulnerability management and remediation activities, management of our penetration test schedule, patch management and security-based agent management. This is a hands-on technical team driving security compliance and a high level of quality within the operational space.
What you will be doing
- Successfully leading, developing and managing a Security Operations team with a focus on quality process
- Manage existing and implement new security tooling to provide MI and ensure compliance
- Manage and remediate cyber incidents in conjunction with external suppliers and internal security governance
- Drive rigorous vulnerability management, pooling knowledge from various tools and sources
- Manage proactive assessment of existing and new technologies through penetration testing
- Build relationships with external suppliers, existing and future
- Ensure 'security by design’ in new technologies through working with internal technical teams
- Manage the 'Cyber run’ element of the Technical Operations budget (approx. £1 million p.a.)
- Monitor and review internal capabilities and standards taking into consideration standards and guidance from key external stakeholders including NCSC, Ofqual, DoE and JCQ to deliver appropriate levels of compliance.
- You will have the ability to work flexibly and respond out of hours (OOH) or extend hours on occasion in case of Cyber Incidents or proactive requirements
Holding a professional security certification is highly desirable
At AQA we recognise our employees’ contribution and in return we are proud to offer an extensive reward and benefit package. This includes -
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days, plus all Bank Holidays and additional Christmas leave
- Highly competitive contributory pension scheme with company contributions
- Life assurance
- An enhanced maternity/paternity scheme
- 5 paid days per year for voluntary service
In addition we offer support for qualifications and several lifestyle benefits including flexible working, social activities and an employee assistance programme.
How to apply
To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter including your current and expected salary as one document via our website.
Closing date for applications is Friday 28 February 2020
Initial telephone screening to be held week ending 2 March 2020
Final stage interviews to be held week commencing 9 March 2020
However, applications will be reviewed as we receive them and if a suitable candidate is identified, we reserve the right to close our adverts sooner.
AQA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. AQA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment. Our Safeguarding Policy is available on our website.
We have a range of opportunities, whether it’s working as part of our core team, joining us for the summer or taking on an examiner role to set or mark exam papers.
We have a preferred supplier list (PSL) in place.
If you’re interested in working with us, please send your information to .uk. In the subject heading, please list the categories your agency would like to be considered for and we will be in touch.
Unsolicited CVs will be treated as a gift. We will not be subject to or liable under your terms and conditions or agency fees.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'