We are currently recruiting a Teir 1 Security Operations Analyst to join a well established Security Operations team based in Peterborough. Reporting to the Tier 1 Team Leader you will conduct analysis of security events to include validation, escalation and reporting of events of interest based on the guidelines and event handlers provided to them. You will also be responsible for the all such events of interest and will make sure they are continuously monitored and reviewed.
· Responding to end user security incidents as referred by the Service Desk
· Monitoring and analysis of cyber security events
· Execution of Standard Operating Procedures in response to alerts and events
· Services monitored will include, but are not limited to SIEM, IDS/IPS, Firewall, Web Application Firewalls, Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
· Working with the Incident Response team to help create RCA's for events escalated to incident levels
Knowledge & Experience
· Experience with SIEM, IDS/IPS, Firewall, Web Application Firewalls, Data Loss Prevention (DLP) and Security Event Correlation
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Experience with technical writing
· Possess an understanding of security standards and risk management
· Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Possess the ability to adjust and adapt to changing priorities in a dynamic environment
· Be able to multi-task and be pro-active in addressing issues and requests
· Possess technical acumen and the ability to understand and interpret technical specifications
We are ideally looking for those who have some demonstrable experience in the Security field as a SOC Analyst. This is great opportunity that will offer continued career progression, so if you have the skills and experience mentioned then apply now as we are arranging interviews soon.