- To work as part of a team jointly responsible for the security and safety and of the building and its contents at all times, and providing a safe and secure environment for the staff and public during opening hours.
- To protect people, premises and information.
- To provide, as part of a team, a continuous rotating shift system for the protection and security of the Gallery and its Collection, especially during silent hours. This will include patrolling the building and reporting to the Security Team Leader any potential security, fire or flood risk.
- To monitor entry control to the outer building perimeter, allowing access only to those persons authorised, according to the Gallery’s Database.
- To maintain a daily record of all temporary Security Passes issued.
- To display a working knowledge of the security and fire alarm systems in place throughout the Gallery and monitor the operation of such systems.
- To properly follow the controlled Key Index System and ensure that all keys are issued and returned against a signature in a daily log record.
- To be familiar with the locking and unlocking procedures of various doors in accordance with the relevant schedules in order to permit only authorised person’s access and egress.
- To ensure the security and safety of all property delivered out of hours and monitor items leaving and entering the building as authorised.
- To remain alert to all aspects of the security of the building at all times, especially during the silent hours, and to apply his/her knowledge and experience to optimise the protection of the building and its contents at all times.
- To assist the Security Team Leader/Security Deputy Team Leader in the recording of all incidents that threaten the security and safety of the Gallery, and to notify appropriate departments where applicable.
- To answer the telephone in the absence of the switchboard personnel and refer all enquiries and pertinent information to the Security Team Leader for appropriate action.
- To assume all the general responsibilities of a Gallery Assistant where necessary.
- Undertake any other tasks as identified by the Security Team Leaders being for the good and benefit of the service to Securitas Security Services (UK) Ltd March 2016 the customer, and deemed to be appropriate or necessary to the post.
- To act in accordance to the Securitas values of Helpfulness, Integrity and Vigilance.
- Domonstrate excellent customer care
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Smart and well presented individual
- Able to work a shift rotation pattern of days / nights & weekends
- Ability to opérate, update and maintain accurate records
- Ability to self motivate
- Previous experience working in a similar enviroment
- Experience in dealing with emergency situations
- Computer literate
- Communication Skills
- Decision Making
- Customer Management & Sales Development
- Manages Self
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job