As a Security Officer YOU'LL GIVE:
• You will ensure that the process of checking vehicles in and out of the goods yard is followed and ensure the safety of staff, premises and company assets
• Ensure that Site Patrols are carried out to a high standard. You will be able to identify and investigate potential fraud/theft or criminal activity and ensure these are followed up within the correct procedure guideline.
• Carry out the operation of the CCTV system and monitoring of suspicious activity or events
• Carry out the process of personal / visitor searches are to the required standard
• To ensure the completion of logs and any other documentation as required including incident reports.
• Identify breaches of health and safety and company procedures and report to the appropriate people
• Communicate effectively with other parts of the business and suppliers to ensure vehicles are sealed and issues are investigated and reported
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• The ability to understand our Site Assignment Instructions, i.e. (the documented security processes and guides we follow on site), and make sure they are carried out properly
• A friendly and professional approach to working with colleagues and visitors to the site, ensuring that the DC is a respectful work environment
• A pragmatic approach to dealing with problems inan appropriate way
• Fluent in English with good communication skills, and the ability to pitch the approach to suit the audience
• Good PC skills, with the ability to navigate Microsoft windows
• Flexible approach to working hours. This is a full time role (24hrs a week), with a flexible rota that covers days and nights including weekends (2 x 12 hours shifts)
• Experience of working in a security related role would great but is not essential. We are looking for people who also have a key interest in learning as training will be provided.
NB – All staff at the DC are required to pass a drug screening test as part of the recruitment process.
As well as the opportunity for great career progression, there is everything from bonus schemes to season ticket loans that will make life a little bit easier for you - including a huge staff discount of 40%, holiday days and access to our New Look Rewards which include some amazing discounts across a number of different businesses.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job