RAF Waddington, LN5 9NB
About the job
Join the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) and have a future that matters: Be proud; Be challenged; Be unique.
DIO is passionate about ensuring that we are a top performing organisation and a great place to work with a diverse range of talent. We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and creating a culture where everyone can bring their whole self to work and individuality is truly appreciated.
DIO is a workplace where everyone feels valued and supported enabling our people to flourish, bring greater creativity and innovation to achieve higher organisational performance. We aim to develop and support staff to meet the Department's objectives, and to fulfil their own potential.
We promote and support a range of flexible working patterns enabling staff to balance home and work responsibilities and we treat people fairly irrespective of their background.
This culture of inclusion is underpinned by our 6 staff networks covering Disability, Faith and Belief, Gender Equality, LGBTQI+, Race, Social Mobility and 3 networks dealing with employee wellbeing and support: Speak Safe Volunteers, Mental Health First Aiders and Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Advisers.
To help achieve our objectives, we believe in six important values (Safety first, Collaboration, Integrity, Agility, Accountability and Enthusiasm) that underpin our vision and mission. These values equip us for the future and shape how we work together. These values are designed by DIO for DIO.
The Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) is the estate expert for Defence, supporting the armed forces to enable military capability by planning, building, maintaining, and servicing infrastructure.
Our responsibilities include:
• Plan and deliver major capital projects and lifecycle refurbishment
• Provide utilities services
• Manage soft facilities management (i.e. cleaning and catering)
• Provide a safe place to train
• Allocate Service Families Accommodation
• Procure and manage routine maintenance and reactive repair
• Provide a central register of asset information to advise infrastructure planning
• Act as steward of the Defence estate
• Provide the unarmed guarding service
We employ approximately 4,900 staff from a very diverse range of professions including head office functions and specialisms such as surveyors, town planners, airfield pavement experts, foresters and construction engineers. We work across the world; in Germany, Cyprus and the Falkland Islands, Norway, Poland, Kenya, Belize, Nepal and Oman.
You can view our YouTube video to see more about our work
MGS holds the National Security Inspectorate Gold Standard and is passionate about delivering great things for its customers and workforce. It also has Customer Service Excellence accreditation and holds the Committed to Equality Gold Standard.
In the MGS, a guard is known as a Civilian Security Officer 5 (CSO5). A Supervisor is known as a Civilian Security Officer 4 (CSO4). They are managed by an Operations Manager who may be responsible for staff on a single site or a group of sites.
Security Officers are responsible for providing, or supervising the provision of, an overt unarmed security presence. They will be responsible for delivery of the service to the highest standards in accordance with current MOD, DIO/MGS and Establishments policies, processes and instructions and site Post Instructions.
This post is a shift working post (including night working as applicable).
This is a Fixed-term Appointment as a DIO - Security Officer - Shift. Your responsibilities will be as described in this job advert. This post will therefore begin on your appointment and end 24 months after that date. You should be aware that when your Fixed-term Appointment at MOD comes to an end, arrangements will be made in line with the FTA policy.
If you are a permanent MoD civil servant and are found successful for an advertised Fixed-term Appointment (FTA) you should move into the post under a Temporary Transfer (for up to a maximum of 3 years). At the end of the posting you will return to your previous MoD Business area. If this posting is at a higher grade, your promotion will be temporary, and you will return to your substantive grade at the end of the Temporary Transfer. If a Temporary Transfer cannot be agreed between all parties then a transfer on an FTA contract is possible, read the FTA and Change of Work Location in the UK policy for further information.
If you are transferring to MoD from another government department (OGD) you should join the MoD on an inward loan. At the end of the loan you will return to your home (OGD) department. If a loan cannot be agreed between all parties then a transfer on an FTA contract is possible, read the FTA policy for further information.
ResponsibilitiesThe key duties of a guard (CSO5) are as follows. Please note that these duties can vary from site to site.
• Controlling vehicular and pedestrian access and exit to/from site by confirming bona fides
• Issue of passes using site IT systems or SISYS where installed
• Reporting of environmental issues
• Issue and receipt of keys
• Patrolling on foot and in a vehicle
• Searching of vehicles, baggage, personnel, buildings and open areas
• Escorting visitors
• Traffic management
• Checking identity on site (ad hoc)
• Writing reports on breaches of security or defects and maintaining daily logs
• Referral of complaints
• Reporting MGS infrastructure defects
• Dealing with demonstrators and intruders as directed by those holding operational control
• Safeguarding classified information and material
• Cooperating with other security providers
• Liaising with emergency services and invoking emergency procedures
• Operating and monitoring security systems; CCTV and alarms etc
• Operating and communicating effectively over the telephone and/or radio
• Reporting safety hazards and accidents in accordance with current instructions
• Carrying out, if required, initial action at the scene of any incident
• Other tasks commensurate with the grade
Desirable Experience & Skills
A background, qualification or demonstrable interest in the delivery of site security and/or customer service will be an advantage.
Where close area working arrangements are in p
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'