Job Title: Security Officer
Location: Tower Hill, London
Salary: Circa £27K per annum (pro rata for part timers) - £12.79 per hour
Closing Date: 18th February 2018
Job Types Available:
- 1 x permanent full time working 46.32 hours (6 on/3 off roster) per week
- 4 x temporary (April to September 2018) part time working 32 hours (6 on/3 off roster) per week
- 4 x casual/ zero hours contract
The company is the independent charity that looks after the Tower of London, Hampton Court Palace, Kensington Palace, the Banqueting House, Kew Palace and Hillsborough Castle. We help everyone explore the story of how monarchs and people have shaped society in some of the greatest palaces ever built.
They currently have several vacancies for Security Officers based at HM Tower of London and at The Banqueting House, Whitehall.
You will be part of the Security and Operations Team ensuring the provision of a safe and secure environment to all visitors and staff at these palaces. You will provide both a high level of customer care security awareness and provide support for our other visitor frontline teams.
- Meeting and greeting visitors
- Bag searches
- Controlling all pedestrian and vehicle activity and access to the Palace including key control
- Taking regular patrols, enhancing security levels and maintaining a vigilant presence
- Responding to alarms, escalated security incidents and suspicious behaviour
- Providing a safe and secure environment for visitors, staff and residents
- Meeting corporate clients and VIP for evening functions
- Dealing with Metropolitan Police and Emergency Services when required
- Managing the Business reception desk, offering a welcoming and professional point of contact for visitors and contractors
- Projecting a smart, efficient and helpful image at all times
We're looking for someone who can work both as part of a team and on their own. Ideally SIA certified, you must possess the ability to think and act quickly in emergencies or under pressure. You would be able to use your own initiative to identify better ways of working and ensure excellent customer service.
The successful candidate must have an enthusiastic professional approach, be punctual and have good personal presentation, excellent customer service and communication skills. You will be working with a small team, so being a "people person" is a must. You should also possess a flexible approach to working, and be aware that outdoor working in all weathers can be involved.
To apply for this role please click the APPLY button and further information will be sent to your email.
Candidates with experience of; Corporate Security Officer, Security Officer, Security Guard, Security Officer, Security, Security Enforcement Officer, SIA Licence, CCTV, CCTV Surveillance, CCTV Operator, Estate Security, First Aid, First Aid Certificate, Campus Security will also be considered for this role.
- First Aid
- SIA Licence
- Security Officer
- First Aid Certificate
- Security Guard
- CCTV Operator
- Corporate Security Officer
- Security Enforcement Officer
- CCTV Surveillance
- Estate Security
- Campus Security