Security Officer - Port of Dover Casual Hours Licenced Role
The role of a Security Officer can be challenging, especially when working with one of the most high-profile and respected brands in the UK.
Although demanding, a Security Officer role with Securitas will allow you to demonstrate your exemplary customer service skills as you engage with customers, clients and visitors throughout each shift, whilst remaining alert to security issues and keeping everyone safe.
With roots dating back to the 1930s, we've seen - and been a part of - ground-breaking changes within the security industry. We are now looking for a number of new Security Officers to join our team, to operate across a number of client sites and if this sounds like an organisation that you can contribute to, then we want to hear from you.
- To work to ensure that continuous compliance to ISPS requirements is achieved in accordance with the current Security Level. To proactively address any security and safety infringements found within the port area and to undertake enforcement; or if appropriate reporting such infringements to the appropriate recipient.
- To complete and maintain accurate records as required and to communicate clearly at all levels personally, verbally and in writing.
- To provide a helpful and courteous service to all customers of the Port of Dover, its staff and other agencies and organisations at all times. To project a positive image of the security team and the services it offers. To wear uniform, protective clothing and equipment as supplied, ensuring a smart, clean and professional appearance is maintained and presented at all times.
- To ensure qualification to the role is maintained, including SIA licensing for Security Guarding (and where required holding a full driving licence) in accordance with requirements.
- To comply with safety instructions and to accept responsibility for your own safety and the safety of others who may be affected by what you do. To ensure others do the same. To identify potential risks or hazards in the working environment and to report these appropriately and without delay. If so instructed, to ensure monthly Safety Check Reports are undertaken, completed and returned by the assigned date.
- To carry out searches or tourist vehicles, coaches, motor bikes, freight vehicles and foot patrols of the entire Port ensuring no breaches of security.
- To be fully conversant with current procedures and policies by regularly reviewing work instructions, risk assessments and procedures, submitting suggested amendments to the Security Supervisor.
- To be responsible for all provided equipment, vehicles, keys, work stations, premises and systems whilst on duty; ensuring that they are present and in good condition and recording these checks in accordance with procedures.
- To follow approved Work Instructions and Company Policies and Procedures at all times whilst working.
- In addition to the principal duties and responsibilities outlined, the job holder may be required to perform other duties assigned by the Leading Hand, Security Supervisor or Managers from time to time. Such duties will be reasonable in relation to the job holder's skills, abilities and status.
To work with us you will need to be confident, articulate and communicate well both orally and in written language. You will need to be able to get to different sites around the Port so a driving license is desirable.
Our team need to be immaculately turned out, polite and proactive when engaging with customers to ensure a complete customer experience is provided, as we aim to maintain our outstanding reputation for excellence.
- Security experience
- An SIA security licence
- Excellent customer service skills
- A full driving licence and access to your own vehicle
- Driving Licence
- Local to Dover
- Must be willing to spend long periods standing
- Experience with Vehicle and personal searches
- Exeperience with control of access and agress of visitors/deliveries
Securitas is the leading global security services provider employing more than 345,000 people scanning 58 markets, throughout North America, Australia, Europe, Latin America, Africa, the Middle East and Asia. In the UK, Securitas employs over 10,000 people, providing Protective Services to a wide range of clients from small local businesses, to national and global corporations, and even international airports. Its operational centre in Milton Keynes provides support to the largest mobile fleet in the UK. It also houses the industry first Training and Development Academy with accreditation from City & Guilds. Securitas' focus is on security and its ability to offer real value through its six Protective Services, including Fire and Safety. Unique within the industry, its focused service offering is a key differentiator in all the markets in which it operates. With its global footprint, Securitas is at the forefront of innovation, moving the industry towards predictive security by harnessing 'big data' to provide intelligent, pro-active solutions
- Protective Services
- Security Officer
- Door Staff
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'