Would you like a career in the Rail industry?
If so, STM Group are recruiting a new team to join our company and become trained Security Officers within the Railway industry!
The main responsibility is to greet and assist customers travelling on the rail network, engage with customers and enhance their travelling experience.
Are you available for the following?
- 6-hour shifts minimum
- Morning shifts: 05:00-13:00.
- Evening shifts: 15:30- 00:30 or 20:30-01:00
- Night shifts: 20:30-05:00
- Working weekends.
- Live locally to London Overground stations including: Shoreditch High St, Shadwell, Canada Water, Surrey Quays and New Cross Gate.
What You Get:
- Excellent salary which meets the London Live Wage of £9.75 per hour
- Permanent contract of employment, guaranteed 20 hours minimum per week
- Ownership and accountability for a Railway Station during your duty hours
- Opportunity to make a real difference and a position of real responsibility
- Training, Support and Personal Development
- A fantastic opportunity for progression in a fast moving, exciting and rapidly expanding company
This is an excellent opportunity to join a renowned, national security firm and to develop your career as a professional and trained Security Officer.
What We Want:
- A valid SIA licence
- Smart, well-groomed and confident disposition
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- This is a mobile position and you must be able to do regular patrols of the Station.
- Successful applicants MUST be able to provide 5 years work vetting (without gaps).
- Ensure the personal safety of both you, passengers and other visitors to the stations.
- Ensure an excellent level of customer service is delivered, respond positively to customers questions and be conscious of all visitors to the station
- Carry out regular patrols of the station to ensure the health & safety of all customers
- Report faults, health & safety issues and escalated complaints to supervisors
- Report anti-social behaviour at stations, in accordance with the company policy and Railway Byelaws, whilst maintaining train service performance.
- Complete relevant handwritten reports as required
- Wear the appropriate uniform (including name badge) and safety clothing as supplied, ensuring that your standard of appearance is high and complies with the company standard
Please do not apply for this role unless you hold a valid SIA license, are able to provide a full 5 years of work history without gaps and can be flexible to work evening shifts across 7 days
Due to the high volumes of applicants if you have not heard back from us by 14 working days please consider your application unsuccessful
STM Group is an equal opportunities and diversity aware employer
STM hold ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & ISO 18001 certification together with Security Industry Authority Approved Contractor Scheme accreditation.
- Customer Service