Role of the Department
To provide a Security service at the Trust 365 days per year, 24 hours per day
To assist in maintaining an appropriate level of security and car parking with a view to protecting people and property and the prevention and detection of crime, in line with company and client procedures. Carrying out a variety of tasks associated with the delivery of a high quality and efficient Service
Key Result Areas
- Maintain high profile internal and external patrols across the site. Activate or de-activate alarm systems. Ensure schedules of checks are followed and in accordance with Procedures.
- Respond promptly and effectively to all security requests, including when Trust staff are faced with violent or abusive patients, visitors or members of the public, through undertaking necessary restraint and control in a professional and legal manner.
- Complete daily reports of accidents or incidents following the agreed procedure, ensuring all necessary action is taken.
- Provide assistance and support to all patients, visitors and staff when faced with difficult and distressful situations.
- As part of the Fire Team, ensure fire safety checks are maintained in accordance with the Fire Safety Policy.
- Escort staff to and from car parks or external buildings within the site.
- Control and issue of Trust and Contractor Identification Badges, maintaining the ID Badge Database.
- Use of IT software in relation to security and car parking operations.
- Operation of closed circuit television surveillance in accordance with operational instructions and approved Code Of Practice. (SIA licence approved)
- Contribute in a team approach with the Police on investigation of thefts, criminal acts or bomb threats.
- Receipt and administration of car park cash payments from both staff and public, following Trust and Medirest procedures for cash handling and transportation
- Ability to use own initiative and make a judgement as to wheel clamping of inappropriately parked vehicles in accordance with the Trust Procedures. (SIA licence approved)
- Provide crowd or traffic control duties following a major incident or special occasions. (SIA licence approved)
- Control and issue Trust keys, maintaining records of keys issued and returned to and from members of Trust Staff.
- To deal with incidents relating to lost and found property in accordance with Trust Policies and Procedures
- To work co-operatively with colleagues as part of the team and perform additional duties of a routine or non routine nature as and when directed by the supervisors / coordinator