AWE are currently recruiting a Security Manager to work within the Company on a permanent basis.
Line managed by the Head of Security Strategy, the Security Manager will work within the delivery team for a large high-security capital project, ensuring that all security matters are planned and managed appropriately as the facility transitions from being a project to an operational facility.
The AWE Security Department is always seeking to recruit high calibre personnel from across the organisations and agencies which have a defence, security or intelligence remit. Working in a complex high security environment, employees can expect to be involved in planning, delivering and assuring security for a broad range of assets, and to benefit from considerable personal and career development opportunities.
- Ensure the delivery of all security-related training necessary to enable armed and unarmed security forces and staff to operate effectively in the facility.
- Ensure the satisfactory performance of security systems, infrastructure and equipment once installed to enable security to be maintained to the required standards.
- Manage and influence relevant stakeholders to ensure that the development of new security capabilities and processes are appropriately integrated and optimised.
- Coordinate the planning and conduct of armed security force operations.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in security, environment, safety, health, and quality, and be a great team player.
Skills and Experience
- You will have experience Ideally from within the following Institutions: Royal Military Police, RAF Police, Combat Arm of the Armed Forces - Infantry/Royal Marines, MI5/MI6 - Operational Experience, Police - Inspector/Chief Inspector level, essential Firearms training.
- You should have a good standard of education and be able to comprehend, analyse and communicate security issues.
- You will preferably be a member of the Security Institute or similar professional security body and have project management qualifications or experience.
- Prince 2/ADMP
The ideal applicant must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the highest level of security clearance for this role.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities
Please note that you must be a British National to apply for a role at AWE.
- Royal Military Police
- RAF Police
- Combat Arm of the Armed Forces - Infantry/Royal Marines
- MI5/MI6 - Operational Experience
- Police - Inspector/Chief Inspector level
- essential Firearms training.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'