TJ Hughes Home - Security Guard - Livingston
TJ’s (as everyone usually calls us) first started trading in 1912 and since day one we have been offering our customers premium brands at discounted prices. We are a family run business, with our headquarters based in Liverpool and are now trading from 23 stores across the UK: from Eastbourne in the South to Glasgow in the North.
We are currently opening a new concept TJ Hughes Home store based in Livingston and are recruiting for a Security Guard to join our new store team.
This role is for 38 hours per week working any 5 days out of Sunday to Saturday on a rate of pay of £8.50 per hour.
As a Security Guard the main purpose of your role is to keep a watchful eye on Company stock, staff and customers. Acting like a human CCTV camera your primary role is preventing any theft or damage from taking place within the store and although you are not a retail assistant often you may need to direct customers towards colleagues who can help.
- To maintain a high profile visual deterrent on the sales floor to prevent theft.
- To patrol the shop floor to prevent and detect theft and only as a last resort detain persons for theft (strictly adhering to ASCONE procedure).
- To arrest any persons found committing an indictable offence within the confines of the store ensuring that any arrest is carried out within the law and in accordance with store policies and procedures.
- To maintain good order on the shop floor and discourage anti-social behaviour.
- Refuse admission to or escort undesirable elements from the store.
- Convey store policies and emergency procedures to visitors.
- To advise customers politely when the store is closing for the day.
- Maintain high standards of conduct and personal presentation at all times.
- To monitor merchandise displays and to report to management any known or suspected loss.
- To be aware of your responsibilities in terms of health and safety.
- Any other duties as required in accordance with the needs of the business/store operations.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a positive 'can do’ individual and if you feel you are the ideal candidate then we would love for you to be part of the team.
We have a culture in our stores which is fast paced and exciting. If you are passionate, innovative and want to work with us, then forward your CV to our recruitment email address
- High Standards
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"