Security conscious escort required to start ASAP for a 3 year contract at HMP Winchester
Purpose of the role:
To ensure the safety and security of the contractors, staff and prisoners during periods where large building contractors are carrying out works on site within a HMPS establishment. You will also ensure that no unauthorised persons or items enter the establishment / building site.
Monday to Friday 7.30am - 5.30pm (37 hours per week minimum).
This is the standard sociable shift pattern, however individual contracts may vary.
Hourly rate for the first 12 weeks: £8.78ph (premium)
Hourly rate post 12 weeks: £9.50ph (premium)
All vacancies also offer 33 days annual leave in addition to the basic rates.
The role/ Duties
- Checking in contractors and their tools
- Searching vehicles
- Searching Contractors
- Supervision of contractors while on site
- Patrolling perimeter and grounds
- Searching buildings
- Routine administrative work
- No formal qualifications are required
- Successful applicants will have a background in customer services or security, and will be assessed based on the following competencies:
- Acting with integrity, respecting others, Building relationships and team working, communicating effectively, developing self and others.
- All applicants must be able to provide details of 2 satisfactory references, at least one from an ex-employer.
- All applicants must have indefinite leave to remain in the UK.
- All applicants must be willing to undergo an enhanced DBS and identity checks.
- Full training is provided by the establishment/ department. Training time will be paid at the standard hourly rate.
Uniform will be provided by the prison service in most cases.
- Black Trousers
- White Shirts
- Black Boots
Contractors will supply high visibility clothing and protective head wear, along with any other specialist safety equipment as required.
Some OSG's will benefit from long-term contracts and there is also potential, once trained, to work in other prison locations both locally and nationally. Also there is the possibility of joining the Prison Officer Apprentice Scheme.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'