Security conscious escort required to start ASAP for a twelve month contract at HMP Winchester
Purpose of the role:
To ensure the safety and security of the contractors, staff and prisoners during periods where large building contractors are carrying out works on site within a HMPS establishment. You will also ensure that no unauthorised persons or items enter the establishment/ building site. Working Hours: Temporary Contracts Monday to Friday 8-5 (37 hours per week). This is the standard sociable shift pattern, however individual contracts may vary. Hourly rate for the first 12 weeks: £8.41ph (premium) Hourly rate post 12 weeks: £9.30ph (premium) All vacancies also offer 28 days annual leave in addition to the basic rates. Overtime rates and availability will be discussed on a case-by-case basis. Contract lengths will vary. Some OSG's will benefit from long-term contracts and there is also potential, once trained, to work in other prisons both locally and nationally.
The role/ Duties
- Checking in contractors and their tools
- Searching vehicles
- Searching Contractors
- Supervision of contractors while on site
- Patrolling perimeter and grounds
- Searching buildings
- Routine administrative work
- No formal qualifications are required
- Successful applicants will have a background in customer services or security, and will be assessed based on the following competencies:
- Acting with integrity, respecting others, Building relationships and team working, communicating effectively, developing self and others.
- All applicants must be able to provide details of 2 satisfactory references, at least one from an ex-employer.
- All applicants must have indefinite leave to remain in the UK.
- All applicants must be willing to undergo an enhanced DBS and identity checks.
- Full training is provided by the establishment/ department. Training time will be paid at the standard hourly rate.
Uniform will need to be provided by the temporary worker in most cases.
- Black Trousers
- White Shirts
- Black Boots
Contractors will supply high visibility clothing and protective head wear, along with any other specialist safety equipment as required.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job