Security conscious escort required to start ASAP for a twelve month contract at HMP Winchester
Purpose of the role:
To ensure the safety and security of the contractors, staff and prisoners during periods where large building contractors are carrying out works on site within a HMPS establishment. You will also ensure that no unauthorised persons or items enter the establishment/ building site. Working Hours: Temporary Contracts Monday to Friday 8-5 (37 hours per week). This is the standard sociable shift pattern, however individual contracts may vary. Hourly rate for the first 12 weeks: £8.41ph (premium) Hourly rate post 12 weeks: £9.30ph (premium) All vacancies also offer 28 days annual leave in addition to the basic rates. Overtime rates and availability will be discussed on a case-by-case basis. Contract lengths will vary. Some OSG's will benefit from long-term contracts and there is also potential, once trained, to work in other prisons both locally and nationally.
The role/ Duties
- Checking in contractors and their tools
- Searching vehicles
- Searching Contractors
- Supervision of contractors while on site
- Patrolling perimeter and grounds
- Searching buildings
- Routine administrative work
- No formal qualifications are required
- Successful applicants will have a background in customer services or security, and will be assessed based on the following competencies:
- Acting with integrity, respecting others, Building relationships and team working, communicating effectively, developing self and others.
- All applicants must be able to provide details of 2 satisfactory references, at least one from an ex-employer.
- All applicants must have indefinite leave to remain in the UK.
- All applicants must be willing to undergo an enhanced DBS and identity checks.
- Full training is provided by the establishment/ department. Training time will be paid at the standard hourly rate.
Uniform will need to be provided by the temporary worker in most cases.
- Black Trousers
- White Shirts
- Black Boots
Contractors will supply high visibility clothing and protective head wear, along with any other specialist safety equipment as required.