Prestigious City of London landmark requires an outgoing and effective Security and Soft Services Coordinator. Just five minutes’ walk from Liverpool Street, this major tourist attraction creates an amazing buzz and brings classic, current and eclectic tastes together for a great experience.
The role of the Security and Soft Services Coordinator is to ensure the smooth and effective day to day running of this unique site in Central London, focussing on:
- The general security functions associated with the property
- Support to the Customer Experience Manager (CEM), and leading the team in the manager’s absence
- Ensuring the whole Market area is inviting to all our visitors and ensuring that their visit is as enjoyable as possible.
- Supporting the management of the market cleanliness, health, safety and compliance
- Customer liaison with residents, retailers and market management
A key part of this role is to support the CEM is the management of the site based team, who are expected to deliver consistently high standards of customer service.
The right person for this role will be an effective support to the CEM and lead the soft services team in the absence of the CEM, being the focal point of communication with the Clients’ team and specifically their Real Estate & Facilities team, ensuring that agreed levels of service and contractual requirements are achieved. You will be able to motivate the site based team, look for and drive a service of continuous improvement and operate a 'can do approach’ at all times. The right person will be able to 'role up their sleeves’ when required, to help out any function in the market.
The interpersonal skills with the Client, other Clients of the site, local residents and all other key stakeholders, is an driver in the role.
You will be enthusiastic, passionate and committed to the site working with a team of ambassadors that will ensure security, cleaning and customer service delivery is of the highest standard.
You will be a flexible individual, to work the shifts which the role requires, as the site is in operation 7 days per week. Your success will be in ensuring that you support the CEM in ensuring that the staff roster is kept up to date and the team have all the skills to fulfil the necessary roles at the property. You will also have a call off support team to help with absenteeism.
This is a Part-Time role working weekends Saturday and Sunday Nights, 7pm to 7am
£10.50 per hour. Paid Monthly.
Previous security industry supervisor experience is desirable and the need to have a current SIA license is a must, as the role carries with it functions that require this skill set (Patrols, CCTV Management and incident management). You will have considerable interaction to the public, with particular emphasis in good oral communication and customer service skills, together with a professional and flexible approach. The ability to lead by example and help develop your colleagues is key to this role. You must be able to think and act quickly in emergency situations, or while under pressure to ensure all situations are controlled professionally.
This role carries with it a need to both manage and support incidents of a security or emergency nature, ensuring the safety of the general public and visitors. Training for this Incident Management role will be provided if you do not already meet all of the criteria. You will also have a good knowledge of customer service delivery and awareness of cleaning industry practices (again training to be provided to support this function). You will be a hands on individual who will work alongside the team, not just direct and provide instruction. Getting 'your hands dirty’ will be integral to the role.
Essential criteria to meet:
- Be polite, helpful and diligent, with a 'can do’ ethos with strong interpersonal skills
- Have excellent personal presentation, demonstrating the standards that are required from others
- Be calm and professional in emergency situations, taking the lead as required
- Have the ability to support the delivery of the highest standard of customer service
- Have awareness of health and safety requirements for the specific site
- A willingness to learn and take on new challenges
- Be experienced in supervising staff, managing welfare, disciplinary and development issues
- Have good IT skills to use TimeGate, Email, Word and Excel effectively
- Be able to support the management of a combined cleaning and security contract
To be suitable for this role you must meet the following criteria:
Demonstrable and proven achievement record showing experience in the Cleaning or Facilities industry within Operations and Operational functions
Education to GCSE standard minimum or equivalent
Excellent customer service skills
Flexible, tactful and diplomatic
Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook and other IT systems required by the role
Personal presentation to a high standard
Previous experience of managing contracts and personnel within retail cleaning environment
Previous experience of management of wages and shift patterns of numerous sites
Technical knowledge of cleaning methods and techniques
Demonstrable ability to identify and implement the most effective methods of running a contract, e.g. staffing levels, cleaning methods, budgetary control
Appreciation of the need for safe working practices
Desirable criteria to meet:
The scope of the role is wide, and therefore covers a number of disciplines, the following qualifications and training cover all areas of the role. All or some of these qualities listed will bring something to the role. The post holder will be expected the achieve other standards;
- Qualifications or training in the relevant NVQ or BICSc Cleaning Certificates
- Have a Close Protection Licence or SIA Door Supervision qualification (training will alternatively be provided to achieve this), or SIA CCTV Licence