SOC Security Analyst - Birmingham - £45-50,000 + package
I'm looking for a Security Analyst to join a security operation centre for an expanding IT services company based in Birmingham.
The Security Operations Analyst will focus on actively maintaining the SOC's SIEM offerings as well continuously improving the SIEM toolset. This position will also focus on monitoring, diagnosing, and escalating of various security threats posed to some of the company's largest clients and will liaise with other technical groups to implement the best in class in threat mitigation.
You will need to be flexible to work on the out of hours rota - you will be remunerated for this
As SOC Security Specialist the main responsibilities will involve:
- Understand the architecture of customer solutions including identifying the security controls in place and how they are used
- Provide a Security escalation path for engineering/support colleagues
- Work with the implementation & solution design teams to transition newly commissioned solutions into support
- Operational Security management using policies and procedures under an ITIL framework,
- Lead Security Incident resolution matrix teams to recover service in complex cross-technology environments
- Work to defined SLAs & KPIs
- Maintain accurate records and logs of Security Incidents
As Senior Security Specialist your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Experience with managing SIEM preferably in a Managed Security Service Provider
- Experience of Security Incident Handling/Incident Response
- Experience in escalation of incidents to, and in driving incident resolution with, technology vendors
- A varied Security experience from previous projects throughout the project lifecycle
- Demonstrable experience in supporting large, complex Networks and Hosting Estates using multiple technologies such as:
- Load balancers
- Windows Server, RedHat Linux
Salary on offer is £45,000 + on call + Benefits a c£50,000 package
Looking to move ASAP so please send me your latest CV and I will call you to discuss further.
Joel Hughes - IT Recruitment Consultant - -
SOC - Security Operations - SIEM - Security - Firewalls - Information Security - Cyber Security
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'