Evolving regulations, increasing capital constraints, liquidity concerns and the growing demand for transparency are among the many challenges our clients face. These challenges require new thinking and new solutions. BNY Mellon Markets can help clients access capital, financing and liquidity through our suite of foreign exchange, securities finance, collateral management and segregation, capital markets, liquidity and prime brokerage services.
With over 1000 employees across three continents, we pride ourselves on solving clients trading, financing, liquidity and collateral needs. We offer innovative solutions and services, market insight, industry expertise and scalable technology, and deliver services such as foreign exchange execution, securities finance, equity and fixed income investment solutions, liquidity services, equity and debt underwriting, public finance, collateral management, collateral segregation and prime brokerage services.
Securities Lending Middle Office administrator
The Middle Office administrator will be responsible for the pre-matching, pre-collateralisation, and settlement processing of Securities Lending trades, ensuring all necessary action is taken to investigate, and enabling timely settlement for all securities transactions including Fixed Income, Equity and Collateral activity, whilst acting as point of contact for all queries raised by both the trading desk and/or the relationship management team on behalf of the client.
- Monitor the trade contract, compare via an external vendor system, and liaise with our settlement teams or counterparties to resolve any discrepancies.
- Pre-match trades using both internal lending and the vendor system.
- Arrange for pre-collateralisation of the pending loan trades and monitor for coverage in order to release instructions.
- Book returns and liaise with borrowers to match instructions if there are any discrepancies.
- Monitor and follow-up on settlements of loans and returns in Crest, EUCLID and at the domestic EMEA markets.
- Produce end of day reporting to enable management to have oversight that sufficient collateral has been called in accordance with client requirements.
- Investigate and resolve stock and cash exceptions, and keep management updated with progress on a regular basis.
- Respond in a timely manner to all Client relationship management queries to ensure a high standard of Client service is maintained at all times.
- Risk aware
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong Client service ethic
- Well organised and focused in order to meet deadlines and client expectations
- Proactive nature
- Good problem solving skills
- Flexible and quickly able to adapt to changing circumstances
- Strong numeric, as well as written and verbal communication skills
- MS Excel / Word
- Educated to degree level or other appropriate qualifiers.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: careers.
As our clients address evolving liquidity, risk and collateral eligibility needs as a result of changing regulations, Global Collateral Services helps them move collateral where and when they need it.
Backed by modern technology and multi-dimensional thinking, we're ready to deliver the expertise, products and services institutional investors and intermediaries need as they address their collateral, liquidity and securities financing needs. Our innovative, insight-driven solutions help our clients, whether on the buy-side or the sell-side, improve the way they manage their collateral, engage in more investment opportunities to help maximize their investment returns and access new financing alternatives.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Job: Global Markets
Internal Jobcode: 70551
Organization: Securities Finance-HR10447
Requisition Number: 1802529
Tags: EFC:EMEA 25-B,25-C,25-D
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job