We are not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe’s leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
Securities Administration is a section within Investment Operations comprised of several teams, including Asset Servicing & Control, Collectives Operations, Corporate Actions and Securities Settlements. Given the asset classes that these teams support, they are often impacted by M&G strategic or regulatory projects, and fund launches. Each of the management team (the Head and three Managers) are required to participate as per the timetable of each change item, to support the implementations.
The management team require a Change Coordinator to represent them at the initial project or fund launch stages, engage with internal Project Managers and Business Analysts to understand the requirements, and external parties such as system vendors and custodians. The Change Coordinator will have to assess and communicate the requirements to the management team, whilst maintaining the ‘book’ of all Change items impacting Securities Administration and coordinating the deliverables with appropriate metrics. Documentation (typically account set up due diligence templates, Custodian or Agent forms) will need to be completed or prepared for sign off by the Managers and/or Head.
The role will provide an opportunity to interact with multiple areas across M&G, whilst gaining awareness of the functions within Securities Administration.
• Represent the Securities Administration management team at all meetings related to fund launches, projects or initiatives by providing insight on key elements that will be required, or initial challenge impacting the section.
• Coordinate, prepare and complete documentation relating to the delivery of the Change item, including Client Control documents and supporting forms, with consultation from the relevant Manager(s) on specialist items, when required.
• Maintain the ‘Securities Administration Change Log’ to monitor and track the progress of all items impacting the section, providing early visibility of upcoming deadlines, conflicts and constraints to Project Leads.
• Present high-level status updates to the Head of Securities Administration and the three Managers.
• Set up and attend meetings on behalf of the Securities Administration management team, or attend with the Subject Matter Expert(s) and produce assessment summaries (verbal and written) immediately upon return.
• Assess when specialist conversations are necessary and engage with the Manager’s to achieve optimum outcome.
• Coordinate and carry out assigned items/tasks (from the management team) to support the successful delivery.
• Work with the relevant Manager to asses any changes to the team’s risks and controls.
What we are looking for
An understanding of the life-cycle of an equity and bond trade, and what is required to service those assets, e.g. settlement, corporate actions, proxy voting and class actions. It is necessary for you to have practical experience of working directly within a role or a project in at least one of Corporate Actions, Settlements, Proxy Voting, Class Actions. Along with this, you will also have an awareness of the workings of custodians, brokers or transfer agents.
The above understanding should be coupled with excellent planning and organisational skills, with proven experience of working on several activities at the same time, and ability to produce updates of those activities in a variety of methods. This could include written or heat-map impact assessments, progress updates such as Gantt charts, and/or Visio to demonstrate any new process flows at a high level of detail.
Excellent communication is a must, both written and verbal with the ability to flex your style when dealing with personnel at all levels. Must be able to articulate when others (specialists) are required to support the successful delivery.
Previous experience of working under pressure to adhere to varying multiple deadlines is essential. You will be capable of remaining accurate whilst working on several different items at once and ability to maintain resilience when time challenges present themselves. Pragmatism when approaching all work, is also key to this role.
In terms of qualifications, an IOC / IMC or equivalent would be highly beneficial.
It will be useful for you to have Business Analysis experience from an Asset Manager, Investment Bank or Custodian Bank. You should also be experienced in working within an Investment Operations environment focussed on supporting the equities and bonds.
Proficiency using Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word is also essential.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job