Are you a Section Engineer with a heavy civils background? Are you looking for a new challenge to work on a long term civil engineering contract on an airport project?
If so, we have the perfect opportunity, working with a reputable contractor in the Gatwick area.
Contract type: Freelance
Start date: April 2018
Rate: £250 - 290 per day (rate negotiable, depending upon experience)
Randstad CPE Contact: Louise Pridmore (Maidstone branch)
Freelance Section Engineer required to work on this airport framework project. This role has the potential to become long term.
Roles and responsibilities:
* Reporting to Site Agent
* Liaising with clients, subcontractors and the design team
* Preparing and writing method statements, ITP's and risk assessments
* Site set up and compliance with health and safety
* Planning and programming, looking ahead
* Attending weekly progress meetings
* Management of site/setting out engineers
* Degree qualified in Civil Engineering or equivalent
* Ideally experience working with a recognised Tier 1 contractor
* Previous experience working as a Section Engineer in heavy civils and ideally on a highways project
* Excellent communication and organisation skills
* A valid CSCS card
We are also looking for Engineers at all levels for projects in this area.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.