Location: Tavistock, Devon
Salary: £16,000 per annum.
Astra Recruitment are recruiting for a Secretary to join our client; this role will be directly assisting the managing director working alongside a team of 3 administrators/secretaries. This role will be based in Tavistock, Devon.
This role will be client facing via the telephone; you will be the first point of contact for clients. You will also be assisting the managing director with duties such as diary management, travel and accommodation.
This role is perfect for someone who is looking to progress in their career within the financial services industry. We are looking for candidates with a background in Secretarial, Administration, Customer Service, Financial and coordinator roles.
The client will offer full training and career progression for the right candidate.
As the Secretary you will be responsible for:
- Attend internal and external business meetings as required
- Take meeting minutes
- Manage the Managing Directors diary
- Book client appointments
- Proof check documentation
- Plan and book travel and accommodation; provide MD with detailed meeting and travel agendas
- Provide a high level of secretarial support to the team.
- Liaise closely with both clients and the rest of the team to ensure timelines are met
- Act as the first point of call for Clients
- Respond to client requests
- Distribute incoming mail
- Deal with any personal correspondence for the Managing director as required
- Greet clients
- Set up meeting rooms.
- You will be asked to complete personal errands when necessary
- Use various computer software systems (training will be provided)
- Send appointment confirmations to clients
- Update clients with the progress of any applications
- Update client information and record any changes.
- Maintain confidentiality
- Keep up to date with the news and information effecting the local area
As the Secretary your key skills and experience will include:
- Professional, Helpful and Bubbly
- Ability to cope under pressure and be adaptable
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
- Previous secretarial experience is essential
- Someone with an interest in financial services and wanting to progress in their career.
Working Hours: Full Time Monday - Friday – 9am-5pm
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks of application by one of our consultants here at Astra Recruitment for a short telephone pre-screen prior to being submitted to the client. Unfortunately due to high levels of applications you will not be contacted if you are unsuccessful.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job