Our public sector client based in Newcastle Upon Tyne have an exciting opportunity for experienced Secretary to join their busy team.
Temporary ongoing contract
To provide a comprehensive secretarial and administrative support.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide organisational support to the team by managing diaries, handling post and arranging appointments.
- Provide comprehensive secretarial support to the team. Word process all documentation, letters and reports that are required.
- Maintain systems updating databases and dispatching and tracking the return of patient questionnaires.
- Perform telephone duties including dealing with general telephone enquiries, arranging and altering appointments for the team
- Research and coordinate travel arrangements for the trial team to ensure that they are able to fulfil attendance at meetings etc.
- · Good written and verbal communication skills
- · Ability to prioritise workload
- · Ability to use initiative
- · Good secretarial skills, including experience of setting up filing systems, preparing agendas, taking minutes of meetings etc.
- · Excellent IT skills including use of the full Microsoft Office suite
- · Experience of using databases
- · Ability to maintain confidentiality
- · Ability to work under pressure
- · Ability to manage multiple diaries
Previous secretarial/clerical experience