To provide administrative and secretarial support to a variety of departments, in particular as a minute taker and proof reader of a variety of LSST documents such as Policies, Handbooks, Public Information, etc. To perform other administrative tasks as and when needed by various LSST departments as support staff.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To proof read LSST documentation inclusive of but not limited to; Policies, Handbooks, Online Information (website, social media, VLE, etc.), LSST Newsletter, and other Academic Documents; always ensuring that all literature is concise, logical and in accurate British English.
- To attend all LSST meetings, to minute take and be responsible for the timely delivery of all LSST’s meeting minutes to the Quality Unit
- To ensure that notes are clear and comprehensive, and to be able to extract and accurately report all relevant information from LSST meetings
- To complete and return all relevant documentation and minutes in a prompt and timely fashion.
- To work in a professional, helpful and flexible manner, maintaining confidentiality at all times
- To ensure that all documentation produced and proof read is:
- accurate as per the content of the meetings and/or LSST policies and procedures
- designed as per LSST specifications and templates inclusive of accurate page numbering, headings and captions
- in line with British English spelling and writing styles
- consistent, relevant to the educational environment and well formatted
- To provide support to the Quality Unit as and when needed
- To operate office equipment inclusive of but not limited to; photocopiers, printers, phone systems, computers, laptops, etc.
- To contribute to departmental, faculty, or LSST-wide working groups or committees as requested.
- To actively follow and promote all LSST policies.
- To maintain an awareness and observation of fire and health and safety regulations.
- To undertake any other duties, as required, appropriate to the grade of the post.
- Any other duties that may be reasonably requested by the management from time to time.
University Graduate in English or an English Language related field
Knowledge and Experience:
Experience in minute taking and word processing
Experience in proof reading
In Higher Education in the UK
Interpersonal skills, social and communication
Ability and willingness to work promptly and accurately
Able to type at a speed of at least 45 words per minute
IT (Microsoft Office and Databases)
Excellent oral and written English skills
Ability to work with minimal supervision
Self- motivated Objectives / Outcome oriented Ability to work as a member of a team with shared objectives
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job