Secretary - Swansea
32 ½ hours per week (Monday - Friday)
One of the UK’s leading unions has a vacancy for a skilled full time Secretary, who would be required to work primarily in Swansea, on an as and when required basis in line with regional resource requirements. This role is an on going assignment with long term prospects.
The job is varied and interesting, working within a team, with frequent contact with Union members, prospective members and employers.
The hours of work are 9.00 am to 4.30 pm.
In return for excellent terms and conditions, the successful candidate will be required to have the following skills:
- Competent in Microsoft Office and Lotus Notes - an essential requirement
- Experience of working in a demanding secretarial / administrative role
- Strong secretarial skills required, including a polite telephone manner, fast and accurate note taking, (shorthand skills would be a distinct advantage) typing, and diary management
- Verbal and written communication skills and experience of successfully communicating with a variety of people at all levels
- The ability to prioritise own workload whilst working under pressure, to meet strict deadlines
- The ability to produce work to a high standard, ensuring accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience of working as an effective team member and providing support to others, as well as working on own initiative if necessary
- The ability to recognise and have strict regard for confidentiality and discretion
- A flexible attitude
- Have some understanding of Trade Unions and have a personal commitment to their objectives
On offer is the chance to work for a leading organisation in with excellent transport links offering excellent benefits and working environment.
Please contact Rachel Phillips in the Cardiff head office for a confidential discussion or apply directly for the role below:
- Customer Service
- Diary Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job