Main function of job: To manage and develop the Secretarial and Admin Team Leaders to deliver an effective support service across the business in all locations.
a.Responsible to: Head of Secretarial & Administration Services
b.Liaison with: Team Leaders, Employees, Partners and clients
- Contribute to setting objectives for direct reports in conjunction with Head of Service
- Support Team Leaders in effective management of resource and maintaining capacity plans
- Coordinate PA and Administrator recruitment
- Engage with Partnership and Fee Earning community to regularly obtain service feedback
- Promote effective and efficient working practices to enable the achievement of business plans and objectives
- Take responsibility for the cascade of communication throughout the service to promote employee engagement and ensure effective flow of information
- Support the Head of Service in controlling costs
- Review Management Information on a regular basis to monitor service performance, resolving issues where identified and escalating issues as appropriate to Head of Service.
- Support in the development of standard operating procedures and processes across the PA and Admin community to deliver a consistent service
- Proactively manage people across the function, supporting Team Leaders to address underperformance and manage appropriately in line with HR policy
- Be recognised as subject matter expert in area across the business by maintaining a visible and responsive profile
- Support Team Leaders in resolving issues as they arise and act as escalation point for Partners and Fee Earners as appropriate
- Embrace change and contribute to initiatives to support service development
- To ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to produce effective, high quality verbal and written reports
- Ability to inspire and motivate others to perform whilst acting as an appropriate role model
- Capability to manage multiple workloads to comply with agreed deadlines.
- Ability to use the Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook) effectively and to a high level.
- Experience of using digital dictation systems
- Understanding of the legal case journey and associated processes.
- Experience of successfully managing PA teams in a Legal setting
- Proven track record in managing against Service Level Agreements
- Demonstrable experience of managing and developing individuals and high performing teams
- Experience of managing relationships and communicating across a range of stakeholders
Practical experience as a PA/Legal Secretary
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.