Job Title: Secondary Support Manager
We are one of the world's top three airfreight forwarding specialists, providing a comprehensive range of international air cargo solutions and unbeatable levels of customer service. Our global airfreight teams are located in more than 300 offices worldwide and offer specialised, industry-focused services.
Your Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage and supervise all activities of the secondary operation, ensuring safe systems of work are applied at all times, and taking immediate and effective corrective action when deviations occur.
- Manage and supervise all activities as part of the team, whilst ensuring all management and administration tasks including computer systems are completed and maintained to ensure compliance with all legal and company requirements.
- Report and ensuring that 'Key Performance Indicators' (KPI's) for the secondary operation are calculated and reported, and that targets are achieved and exceeded where possible.
- Report all accidents, incidents and defects as per reporting procedures. Specifically ensure that all vehicle defects noted at night-time are notified to the relevant driver or reported for rectification.
Your Skills and Experience
- Ability to solve operational problems at short notice.
- Ability to organise own and others' workload effectively.
- Good leadership, motivation and influencing skills.
- Team working and customer focussed attitude.
- Good and effective communications.
- Appreciation of the importance of creating and maintaining a safe workplace.
- National/International CPC desirable.
With more than 74,000 employees at 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based supply chain management.
Learn more >>