*** Learning Support Assistant ***
*** Mainstream Secondary School ***
*** "Outstanding" Ofsted ***
*** Hackney ***
*** ASAP Start ***
We are working with an "Outstanding" Ofsted-rated mainstream secondary school in Hackney who are currently looking to recruit a learning support assistant.
This will be working with the SENCo (special educational needs coordinator) and Inclusion manager, assisting pupils of a range ages and abilities from Key Stage 3 to 4, ensuring that students' statements of special needs are met and that students exhibiting challenging behaviour have their needs met and addressed.
You will be expected to work on a 1:1 basis with specific students, assisting them with their class work in a range of subjects up to GCSE level. Other responsibilities include monitoring the behaviour and progress of small groups working on a supported curriculum and also assisting statemented students with their work in mainstream classes, under the instruction of the class teacher.
You will be supporting learning and helping raise the attainment of all students within the school, by engaging students in the curriculum, enable them to become independent learners and helping them to participate fully in the life of the school. Keeping students focused on a task, encouraging student participation in a positive learning environment and giving positive and negative daily feedback on attendance and levels of behaviour whilst ensuring students conduct themselves in line with the school rules, are also key responsibilities.
This role would be perfect for graduates interested in pursuing a PGCE or Teach First program in the future, who are looking to increase their experience working in schools.
The school is near an overground station and is also accessible by a number of popular bus routes.
Key skills and experience needed:
- Previous support work within a school or other transferable child-related experience
- A firm presence and strong behaviour management
- Previous one to one, small group work and/or whole class support
- Professional manner. Proactive, engaging and empathetic.
- Enthusiastic, friendly, patient and determined approach
- Experience or knowledge within special educational needs
If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding position, please send your CV to Tom Meredith at Veritas Education.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job