School Science Technician needed to join a hardworking, friendly science team starting ASAP on a long term basis for a secondary school in Camden.
The successful School Science Technician in Barnet will be required to support teaching staff and pupils with setting up experiments and keeping the laboratories within health and safety guidelines.
Previous School Science Technician experience IS essential.
School Science Technician Main Duties
* Preparation of materials before lessons, issuing the right equipment to the right lab sessions
* Providing technician support to A Level for Biology, Chemistry and Physics
* Stocktaking material and chemicals in particular with the annual stock take
* Cleaning away apparatus and chemicals
* To test, collect and clean examination apparatus
* To be able to liaise effectively in the event of a chemical spillage
* Supporting the teaching staff & other technicians in the Science department
Experience, Skills and Abilities
* Previous school laboratory experience would be advantageous
* Have the ability to use ICT
* Science qualifications