Secondary Mathematics Lead Practitioner
We are looking for an experienced Mathematics Lead Practitioner to work within a Secondary Setting in Birmingham. This is a permanent position to start January 2020.
This teacher will be carrying out the duties of a classroom teacher and form tutor
- To deliver regular whole school training sessions on teaching, learning and assessmentstrategies.
- To lead on the initial teacher training and newly qualified teacher programme including induction andmentoring.
- To advise other teachers on classroom organisation andteaching methods.
- To produce high quality teachingmaterials.
- To disseminate to other teachers, materials relating to best practice and educationalresearch.
- To advise on the provision of continuous professionaldevelopment.
- To participate in the appraisal or review of performance of other teachers.
- To help teachers who are experiencingdifficulties.
- To produce high quality resources and materials, including video recordings of lessons, for dissemination in their own school and other schools.
- To teach the appropriate syllabuses, organise resources, contribute to schemes of work, adhere to marking policies, to manage assessment and teaching and learning strategies within their classrooms.
- To ensure that Health and Safety policies and practices, including Risk Assessments are in-line with national requirements and are updated wherenecessary.
- To plan and deliver regular whole school CPD on training days, after school and any other trainingforum.
- To contribute to the planning and delivery of other training events linked to the whole school improvement plan and training needs as identified in performance management for staff at alllevels.
- To share with colleagues an extensive, well informed and critical understanding of those teaching and learning strategies that lead to the most effectivelearning.
- To update resources on Teaching & Learning resources.
- To build on their own pedagogical expertise and take a lead in demonstrating effective practice, articulating to colleagues how the quality of teaching and learning can be improved through the effective use ofICT.
- To support colleagues in selecting, using and adapting learning strategies in order to match learner’s needs based on data and other information.
- To offer opportunities for colleagues to observe the Lesson Plans of own teaching.
- To observe lessons and coach colleagues in order to improve their teaching.
- In-reach/outreach - to provide support where directed within the school orexternally.
- Tocontributetoandupdateschoolinformationandmarketing publications such handbooks.
Qualifications Required: Qualified Teacher Status or Equivalent
Salary: LP 1 - LP7
Hours: 8:30-3:30 Monday to Friday - Permanent contract
Interview Dates: ASAP
Start Date: January 2020
Contact: Francesca Sandiford
SMART EDUCATION is a specialist consultancy focusing exclusively on the Education sector. We work extensively with Nurseries, Schools (Mainstream & SEN), Academies, FE Settings and a variety of alternative education establishments across the West Midlands recruiting for PERMANENT and TEMPORARY staff. We offer a bespoke service to both the clients and candidates with whom we work and are extremely proud of our honest reputation and our professional attitude towards Safeguarding & Customer Service.
If you are a Teacher, TA, Lecturer, SEN specialist, Cover Supervisor or Nursery Nurse and are looking for work opportunities on both a permanent or temporary basis, then call SMART EDUCATION today. You are guaranteed a professional and efficient service from our very experienced and approachable consultants. At SMART EDUCATION exceeding your expectations is our priority. Our Key Values to you: Service Motivation Approachability Reliability Trust, we look forward to hearing from you.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'