Supreme Recruitment are looking for Secondary Classroom Managers (Cover Supervisor) in the Hounslow, Richmond, Ealing and Hillingdon Borough
Class Managers (Cover Supervisor) are suitably-trained school staff who supervise pupils carrying out pre-prepared exercises when teaching staff are on short-term absence. The cover supervisor's main job is to manage a classroom, ensuring that students remain on task with the work they have been set.
Cover Managers (Cover Supervisors) varies significantly depending on whether the role is undertaken in a primary, secondary or special school. Existing staff who are asked to undertake cover supervision should be given the option of taking it on as a role in itself or as part of a role. The role should not require any active teaching, marking or planning. Duties may include:
- supervising work that has been set in accordance with the school policy
- managing the behaviour of pupils while they are undertaking this work to ensure a constructive environment
- responding to any questions from pupils about process and procedures
- dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the school's policies and procedures
- collecting any completed work after the lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher
- reporting back as appropriate using the school's agreed referral procedures on the behaviour of pupils during the class, and any issues arising
Skills and experience you'll need
- good communications skills
- to be highly flexible
- to enjoy working with young people
Please email your CV to Simone Mills
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'