£18,000 for 32.5 hours a week - including some weekends and straight shifts but no evenings
We are looking for a second chef/CDP to join an established contract catering company at a care contract in Swindon. Cooking all fresh food alongside the head chef you will provide breakfast, lunch, and supper for the 30 residents (capacity for 75) and will deputise for them in their absence.
You will currently be working as a second chef or CDP in contract catering and we do need you to have DBS clearance.
This really is a lovely position working in a brand new home for a decent company who have a number of sites in the area, so career progression is very realistic.
ROLE - SECOND CHEF
As the Second Chef you will:
- Prepare and cook all fresh meals
- Write menus with the head chef
- Help to control stock, labour, and budgets
- Manage wastage
- Maintain legislation and compliance
- Give an excellent service to the client
- Maintain company systems & procedures
ATTRIBUTES - SECOND CHEF
- Experience as a second chef or CDP in contract catering operations
- Passion for working with fresh food
- Excellent people, communication, and organisation skills
- An good understanding of relevant legislation & compliance
- A positive and outgoing personality and outlook
- Passion and drive to succeed
- IT literate - working with systems & process
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader as they continue to expand.
Please note: You must be resident in the UK and eligible to work. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of responses to our advertisements we are only able to respond to successful applicants. If you have not had a response from us within 5 working days please assume that your application has not been successful.
Penny Cook Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer, a recruitment agency dedicated to recruitment in the Hospitality Industry.