Second Chef – Pentlow Nursing Home 59-63 Summerdown Road, Eastbourne, East Sussex, BN20 8DQ
Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
.Are you looking for the next step to progress your career, an opportunity to grow and develop within our highly successful, award winning independent company?
We have a new and exciting opportunity to recruit a Second Chef within the Health and Social Sector.
Hours: 30 hours per week, working 5 out of 7 Days Competitive Salary. From £9.00 per hour
We are looking for a Second Chef with knowledge of the health and social care sector. Working under the guidance of the Chef Manager the role will be ideal for someone who wants to develop their career in this fast growing business sector.
Second Chef Role Purpose:
- Ensure succinct provision of a full service to Care, Social Care sites.
- Managing staff.
- Attending training courses, as required
- To deputise when the Chef Manager is on leave
- Ensure engagement with clients, customers and residents where appropriate.
- Ensure support provided to care facilities as there will be a requirement to support some evening and weekend activities.
Desired but not essential Qualifications & Experience Needed to Be a Second Chef:
- Previous experience in the Health and Social Care Sector is desired
- Must have excellent cooking skills in both presentation and taste.
- Ideally be IT proficient
- You must be a self-motivated individual who works well unsupervised.
- You must have excellent people management skills and be able to motivate your team.
- Understand nutritional guidelines.
- Be proactive and ensure innovation through team and service.
- You must be an excellent communicator and in order to build relationships with customers and clients alike.
Why is it great to work for US?
- Competitive salary package
- Workplace pension scheme
- Recognition reward and awards
- Fantastic Career Development opportunities
- Access to Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Access to a Save as you Earn Scheme
The ideal Second Chef candidate will have a proven track record of craft excellence and extensive knowledge of Catering Provision and monitoring.
The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check the cost of which will be borne by the company. Immediate start available
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job